Since this seems like the longest winter in all of mankind, maybe it’s time we start thinking positive about the countdown to the spring and summer months! All that I can think about right now is how I recently returned from a wonderful family vacation in Mexico (highly recommended) and how I just want to go right back! Not because I don’t love what I do, but because these frigid temperatures that we’ve experienced this year need to come to an end. How about yourselves? Are you looking forward to fresh cut flowers and warm sunny days, or are you more stressed about what your work load is going to look like, and what tasks you will need to accomplish to stay ahead of the game? If the latter is true, you might want to consider what your options are to alleviate that stress and take some tasks off your plate in order to enjoy more of the sunshine, and appreciate the time you can spend with your family and friends.
After many years of networking with a vast array of personalities, what I find most prevalent is that the majority of business owners tend to be overachievers and rarely take enough time for themselves. For many of us, when we are able to break away from business, we get home to find the other part of life starts, which I tend to call my “nightshift.” This is when you try to carve out time for kids, spouse, close friends, family, ETC. Very seldom do we turn the “on” button “off,” but we definitely need to start.
If this concept hits too close to home, and you are wondering how you can solve the same time dilemmas many of us face, maybe it’s finally time to consider how a Virtual Assistant can benefit your personal life! I am very confident that in doing so, this decision could lead to a healthier, happier lifestyle.
Did you know Virtual Assistants (VA) are capable of the following benefits?
- A VA can increase the manpower within your business without the expense of a full time employee. They work from home or their own personal workspace, which means there are no overhead fees or taxes for your business, as they take care of their own. You are also not responsible for paying for their benefits or vacation time. How perfect is that? When you need to get away from the office, you technically have someone still working for you.
- VAs have fantastic networking resources which can further develop your own business. They bring a reputable work history which accentuates your business skills and may advance your own personal knowledge of topics. Maybe you didn’t know that Windows XP was going away for good, and now you will!
- VAs are business owners themselves, which makes risk a mutual understanding. My point is that there is a very low probability that anything would ever be sabotaged. They are trying to earn a living just as hard as you are and will be very efficient because of that.
- VAs are continuously upgrading their skills, at no cost to your business, to benefit their own business service offerings. Thus, a win-win for you and your business.
- VAs give you the flexibility that you desire. If you want to focus on building future clientele, you now can have the free time to focus on other things such as increased sales or running a promotion at a specific target audience. All that you need to do is transfer some of your responsibilities and begin your plan of action. If you wish to provide a higher level of service to a particular client, you now have the freedom to do that. Your business now has growth options or you could even take some time off, and at a fraction of the cost that it would take for you to perform the administrative tasks yourself.
- There is no need for overtime, as you pay VAs per project, or at an hourly rate, until the mission has been accomplished. VAs will utilize their time wisely and charge you only for the time used to complete the work.
As winter finally winds down, and spring and summer months continue to bring us more warmth and longer days, try to remember that you don’t need to take on everything yourself! There are plenty of options out there for you to utilize and maximize your business success. Are you a person that is able to delegate tasks? Are you organized? Start compiling a list of what you can manage yourself and which options you could easily hand off.
Impact Virtual Services has the resources to assist in these solutions and can offer recommendations to accommodate your individual requests. Just give us a call and maybe the next time your friends text you at the last minute to jump on their boat for the day, you will have the freedom to do just that, instead of being stuck behind a computer answering endless email trails. Bring on the warmth and sunshine, it’s long overdue!!!