Earlier this year, I had written a three part series on deciding whether or not a Virtual Assistant (VA) is the right choice for your small business or possible enhancement to your personal life. The articles demonstrated how to organize your priorities into task lists, and then evaluate those priorities into categories as to which tasks would be beneficial for you to self-perform versus which could be delegated to an assistant. From that point, I explained how to search for the most appropriate VA, whether tailored to a particular subject matter such as legal or real estate, or be able to provide a multitude of support. If you did not act on my marvelous suggestions, have no worries! There is still time to soak in the benefits of how helpful VAs are and how much easier they can make your life become.
If you act on these suggestions now, you may actually have a chance to enjoy some of that beach time you’ve been dreaming about all winter.
The following are simple reminders on the benefits to hiring a VA:
- No extra expenses with a VA, such as benefits or vacation pay. VAs are ideally consultants. As they work for themselves, they purchase their own benefits, insurance, and there is no paid time off from you.
- VAs use their own equipment. That’s right! No need for you to buy new laptops and printers, not to mention office supplies, as they already have these items in their home offices. If you were to hire a new employee at your office headquarters, this would be one of the first additional costs for your business’ overhead.
- No extra office space required. VAs have the pleasure of working from home and can be as close or as far to your business as necessary. Save on construction expansions and go spend a day at the beach with your family.
- Only pay for the time VAs charge to your project. By giving a VA a task, they charge you when their time is complete. You are not paying for down time. Thus, their time is as efficient as you can expect. Although, you want to ensure you choose a VA with the appropriate background that can complete your tasks precisely, accurately, and efficiently.
- VAs are hard working and reliable. VAs rely on steady income streams just like the rest of us. They are competitive and will work hard to keep their business successful. This means that if you choose someone of credibility, they will go the extra mile for perfection and will work hard to keep stability with your business relationship.
- VAs can assist with specialized tasks. Do you have real estate work that you need assistance with? How about legal documents that you need help with? Sometimes VAs are simply retired lawyers and real estate agents, or those that no longer practice full time. Of course the more specialized skill sets will most likely require additional charges, but again, this still saves you time and money in the long run.
- No agency fees when hiring a VA. Have you ever hired a temp for your business? This usually involves increased costs through an agency and no real guarantee that the employee will be around for any additional tasks you may need assigned in the future. With a VA, you will not only avoid agency fees, you will also have a consistent contact for future assignments.
- VAs are more apt to work outside of normal business hours. As VAs have a flexible schedule, you may be able to assign a given task at the end of the day and find that it’s been completed and ready for you first thing in the morning. Wouldn’t that be a nice surprise, versus paying overtime to the employee that has to stay past 5 o’clock?
- Expertise in the areas you are not. Are you terrible at organizational skills? How about developing a Power Point with all of the bells and whistles? VAs are specialized and administration support is a key element with their background skills. If you put their expertise to work, you will most likely not be disappointed.
- Office pressure amongst co-workers lessens. Is there a deadline to meet and Sam won’t be able to get everything accomplished on time? Well, send a partial amount of the work to Shelly and let her work from her home office. Through proper email correspondence and phone communication, you’ll have a polished product in no time.
Again, these are just a few of the simple reminders as to how Virtual Assistants can positively change the work flow at your business or increase the quality of life that you wish to have for yourself. Do you find yourself wanting a few extra days off this summer? Do you have a few things that you would love to have taken off your plate? Impact Virtual Services can help with this decision making process and guide you in the best direction that will assist your needs most efficiently. Make an appointment with us today. We’d love to be part of your solution.
Stay tuned for more pointers in upcoming posts. Keep positive and enjoy the beautiful weather to come.